I began writing on this blog because my mission was to find beauty. I definitely don't live in the most beautiful place I've ever seen. Plus the culture can be frustrating and we tend to see/experience hard things here so I wanted to begin documenting the beauty I saw around me.
Things have continued to be a bit hard around here the last few weeks. But tonight someone encouraged me to take time to find beauty in the brokenness. And I thought how fitting it is that I have this blog. So here's my list of beauty from the past week or so:
1. Coffee shop dates with friends who challenge and encourage me.
2. SUNSHINE and BLUE SKIES!
3. And flowers blooming EVERYWHERE!
4. AND it's light outside until around 8pm now.
5. Dinner invitations
6. Sweet baby smiles
7. Staying up late to read bedtime stories with my favorite 2-year old.
8. Slobbery kisses from my favorite 1-year old.
9. Spontaneous long walks to meet friends for ice cream.
10. All the patience that my crazy guitar is teaching me.
11. Making new friends on the bus.
12. New healthy baby cousin in my ever-growing family!
13. Takeout from our favorite restaurant on a Sunday night.
14. Laughter that produces tears.
15. Tears that end in laughter.
16. Truth being spoken.
17. Lives being redeemed.
That's my "short" list. Just some of the beauty the Father has allowed me to see/experience. All the beauty he's blessed me with. And I am undeserving of these blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment