Monday, March 31, 2014

Oh How He Loves.

So it's currently 4:37am. I randomly woke up almost 2 hours ago and have just been awake ever since. I've been watching basketball, munching on chocolate and now writing on my blog. I figure now's a good a time as any.

This past month has maybe been the hardest month of my time overseas. I've been sick a couple times, been super exhausted from not sleeping well/experiencing nightmares and 2 weeks ago, I found out some terrible news that has left me grieving ever since.

But in all of that one thing keeps running through my mind: how GOOD is the Lord?

I have felt NOTHING but His love, care and comfort this entire month. As I try to ask Him what He is doing and why life has to be so difficult, I rarely hear Him specifically answer my questions. But I see Him work in other, even better ways.  He sits with me in my tears. He loves. He cares. He hears. He grieves too.

And even during such a hard month, it's been a sweet time of fellowship with many of the amazing human beings that He's put in my life.  Every time I've talked to a friend here, they would immediately pray for me and would speak the encouraging truth that I needed to hear. As I've sent email after email, text message after text message and spent time on the phone telling people back home what is going on, I've felt so much love.  Some friends visited for a weekend and I laughed more in 3 days than I did maybe the whole month. I have such a hard time asking for help. Like maybe you do as well. But the trials of this semester thus far have left me asking for more help than I ever thought possible. And it's always been responded with kindness and care.

God is teaching me through some hard things, but in such sweet ways, that He loves me. That I need people and that they want to help. And that His goodness doesn't stop when something bad happens. It becomes more apparent to me through every hard thing that I walk through with Him.

Well I'm now yawning more than humanly-possible, which means maybe it's time to go back to sleep for a few hours.  But here in the quiet hours of this early morning, I'm just so incredibly thankful for the beauty that is the Lord.  I am so underserving of such love and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment