ex·pect·ant
ikˈspektənt/
adjective
adjective: expectant
1.
having or showing an excited feeling that something is about to happen, especially something pleasant and interesting.
When I think of life right now, I often think of the word "expectant". When people ask me, "How are you doing?" I am often telling people, "Well I'm feeling surprisingly optimistic". Not that I am usually pessimistic (Positivity is one of my top five strengths in Strengths-finder actually!) But this semester started off pretty rocky. But I have found myself often thinking or saying, "I have an expectant heart." Maybe it's all the blue skies, warmer weather or flowers budding everywhere. Or if it's the fact that I'm finally sleeping well or that I'm getting more fresh air. Maybe it's all the sunshine or the longer days. I would say back in January, my heart was expecting the worst. I had these gut feelings that this semester was going to be my hardest ever here in East Asia. March began to prove me right after some really hard things happened. But I would say from those really hard things, expectancy came. I am hopeful that the Father is going to do really great things. I know that He uses our pain and suffering and brokenness for His glory. That He works for the good of those who loves Him. I mean He already has! I've been making list after list of all the ways he's answered my prayers, or blessed me in unsuspecting ways, or even provided in ways I never thought possible. I am excited for this season, as I continue to grieve the hard things with Him, I am also looking to Him for good. Because He is faithful to the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment