Friday, January 31, 2014

Thailand Highlights

I just got back from a trip to Thailand. It was nice to get out of the frozen tundra of East Asia for a little bit. (It's actually not as bad as what you Midwest folks have been dealing with this winter… so I take it back. I'm sorry :/)

Here are the highlights… aka: a bunch of pictures because you all know I love taking pictures and posting them here :)

The Food:
Thai food is amazing. Obviously. I definitely ate a lot of good food. And took pictures of said food.


Mango and Sticky Rice. It's a sweet dessert-like dish. So yummy.


Thai Iced Tea. It's basically sugared up black tea with lots of sweetened condensed milk. Sugar on sugar. Haha! :) 



Fresh tropical fruit. Oh be still my heart.


One of my other favorite desserts, Thai pancakes. They're like crepes that they make on the street and you can fill them with different things. My favorite is banana, chocolate and peanut butter.

The People:
I had a lot of fun mostly because of the people I was surrounded with for a few weeks. My heart was encouraged by all the good conversations and I most definitely laughed a lot. I am blessed by these great people.





They are a little weird. But I like that about them. 

The Running:
After being with said people for a few weeks, I did find myself craving some alone time. I woke up several mornings to run before it got too hot and life got too loud.  I loved it. It was definitely a highlight.



The morning sunrise was gorgeous.

The Sky:
If you've read this blog long enough, you also know that I'm a sucker for a pretty picture of the sky. It fascinates me how different it can look depending on the time of day or where you are in the world. 







No comments:

Post a Comment