Let's back up... I don't know about you but every landlord I have had prior to her, I do all the giving. I give them all my money. But my landlord is the sweetest woman. She brings me some kind of gift most major holidays and even when she comes to collect rent, she will bring me a treat.
So last week, she came by to welcome me back and to bring me a big bag of the special food for the holiday: homemade dumplings!
So here's the good word on how to cook/eat these babies... because they are so stinking good!
Most dumplings have some kind of meat and some kind of veggie in them... and here's what one looks like:
The easiest way to cook them is to boil them in water... My landlord even checked to make sure I knew how... "Do you know how boil water?" -she asked.
I DID IT:)
Drop those babies in and let them boil for a few minutes. They'll float to the top when they're done like this:
Then I drain the water, pour a little brown vinegar and some add some spicy sauce to dip them in and there you go!
blurry picture, but that's what they look like on the inside!
You can also fry them which is also tasty. And probably not as good for you (which is why it's so tasty) haha.
But there you have it. Dumplings 101. Happy Spring Festival!
No comments:
Post a Comment