Tuesday, June 24, 2014

New places, Old friends.

I have some friends who live in another city in East Asia. Several of them are ending their time here and are heading back to the beautiful country, also known as the US :) So I wanted to take a couple days to go visit them and make a few more memories before they head out.  It was a lot of…

Scootin': Scooters and bikes are a big thing in their little city. (Not so much here) So I often found myself on the back of someone's scooter to get to the next place. I was slightly terrified the first time with lots of squealing, but I quickly got used to it :)



Eating: They took me to all their best restaurants and introduced me to their city's famous foods. Including these things called "meter-long" noodles.  I ate two and was stuffed. haha. The trip even included a trip to MickeyD's in another nearby bigger city!



Playing: We played tennis! Their campus has awesome tennis courts and it brought my little heart such joy to get out and hit. (I have yet to find a court in my city) We also played a pretty rousing game of Pictionary on the iPad. Isn't it crazy how far technology has brought us? 

Chatting and Laughing: Lots of good conversations. About where the Father has us and what He is doing in our lives. And a whole bunch of laughter. I just love these folks. And I'm thankful our paths crossed in this place. 


Their little city is a fun little place! I so enjoyed my time there checking out new things and spending time with old friends. My little heart was blessed. 




2 comments:

  1. Shelley's face in that picture makes me smile. So glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. friend! I'm glad you found it too :) I can't believe I didn't share it with you before now ;) Miss you!

      Delete