Thursday, February 13, 2014

Life.

Today it sorta just hit me how my life is kinda crazy. I woke up and looked outside and thought this is CRAZY! I live in East Asia! It is totally not normal that I live over 6,000 miles away from my home country. It seems crazy that sights like this:


and this: 


and THIS:


are normal sights in my daily life. It seems crazy that everyday I leave my apartment, I enter this totally-different-than-anything-I've-EVER-known-but-has-become-so-familiar-to-me environment. Every time I step into a restaurant, I pick up a pair of chopsticks to eat my food with and every time I talk to ANY local person, I speak in a foreign language.  It's cool, hear me say that, but I am most thankful that there are so many moments of sweet, SWEET closeness with the Lord that I experience when I have to rely solely on Him in this different place. Like when I'm lonely or frustrated with the cultural differences or when I see something that breaks my heart.  And especially when I'm trying to understand what the lady at the grocery store is telling me about the two different kinds of peanut butter.  (File that under: Why did I even ask?!) 

But as for today, well today I'm feeling really blessed to live this crazy life. And I basically wrote this post to help me remember this moment next time I'm at the grocery store. 


No comments:

Post a Comment