Sunday, June 16, 2013

a month in

Today marks one month since I've came back to the States. I cannot believe I've been back in the States a month and I cannot believe that I will leave again in 2.  Okay enough of that.

Things in America are always good but weird. Sometimes it seems weird to be here, to live here, to see people I haven't seen in forever, to eat things I'd forgotten existed. Other times it's like I never left. I see people and pick up right where I left off. That I like :)

What I've loved:
Obviously, the people! (I'm looking at you!)
Running outside (clean air!)
ALL the yummy food!
"Good Morning" and "Good Night" hugs at my mama and papa's houses - kinda tradition I guess.
the sky (see previous post)
the library! (I TOTALLY forgot about the abundance of free books! I've read 4 in a week and a half!)
Target
sitting outside/laying in the hammock reading, praying, thinking, listening.

What has been hard:
Technology is hard. I never know how to work anything, ie;  dishwashers, washing machines, dryers, cell phones, coffeepots, etc.  I kind of feel like a fool, but the truth is, I don't have anything fancy in East Asia so coming back here to an overload of sometimes fancy technology feels hard.

Making decisions is hard.  Trying to decide what to eat, what to buy, where to go, what to do. Again, an overload of information. I'm not a good decision-maker EVER, but also the reality is I live in a place where there just aren't many options and so decisions feel easier.

Buying gas. Yikes! I am so sorry a lot of you deal with that more often than I do.

Using my time well. I want to do everything and see everybody! But I know that's impossible so trying to find a balance feels hard sometimes.

My first taste of America was this deliciousness that is Garrett popcorn. (In the Chicago O'Hare airport!)

one of my closest, oldest friends. Reunited!


 Hanging out in the hammock.

So as you can see: there's good and hard! But that's life and I've been praying that I will trust the Lord for my time here at home. That I would take time from busy American life and listen to what He has to say. That I would trust Him to provide for me while I'm here and when I go back there. He is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment