Friday, May 17, 2013

thoughts from a jet-lagged traveler

Airports are stressful.

And sometimes people from your high school just happen to be on your international flight.

Security is different in every single airport. East Asia you don't have to take ANYTHING off or take anything out of your bags. (like computers and electronics)  Then in Chicago I had to be patted down because I forgot to take off my belt.

I am one of the best plane-sleepers on the planet. (I think I slept over half of the 13 hours, baby!)

You can fly halfway around the world and your bag can still not make it to Indianapolis from Chicago.

Nothing is more fun than the moment you come through your gate and see your family. I may or may not have been running and squealing.

Also when the guy in customs looks at my passsport, then looks at me and says "Welcome Home" I usually tear up a little too.

The air is so clean here. And the sun so bright.  The grass so green. (All things I've said today)

America smells wonderful. I've smelled delicious foods, fresh-cut grass, and floral scents. It's all wonderful.

I've already eaten these...



and these...

Plus Taco Bell still tastes awesome. Cheesy Gordita Crunch for the win!

And the internet is so fast. 

It's hard to stay awake but I'm doing my best. Darn jet-lag!


No comments:

Post a Comment