Sunday, May 12, 2013

4 days.

ahh!! only 4 days! I'm excited yet thinking about lots of things I'll miss while I'm gone:

1.) my big girl bed. (also known as a queen-size bed) 

2.) cheap food. yummy food. lots of tasty food.

3.) friends here. friends that have become my family while I'm away from family.

4.) speaking the language.  it's hard learning new languages but I really do love it.

5.) the sweet broken-english text messages from my friends. at all hours of the day/night. (okay maybe I won't miss the second part haha)

6.) my neighbors, this sweet older couple with the smallest, cutest dog. their care for me comes out in the weirdest ways but I know they do care.

7.) the vegetable guy. a guy that sells produce right around the corner where I live. he's outta control funny sometimes and he asks the weirdest questions about life in america. plus I teach him english words every once in awhile which is super fun.

8.) riding the bus all over town. I do my best thinking/praying/sometimes crying on the bus.

9.) the "normalcy" that my life is not normal because I live in a foreign country doing things everyday that I wouldn't "normally" do if I lived elsewhere. I mean what is "normal" anyway?

10.) what I get to do everyday. I am truly blessed to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment