Friday, December 9, 2011

God Bless America, Land that I love.

I know that I've been not so good at keeping this blog updated this semester. I sort of feel like life has been a whirlwind of events, emotions, and just straight up busyness. 

If you didn't know- I'm currently in the States for a couple months.  So far it's been a lot of ....

family

friends

holidays

eating

driving

and feeling encouraged!

But I thought I'd update you all with an edition of...... drumroll please......

You know you've been in Asia a long time when:

*You're moved to tears hearing the U.S. National Anthem at a college football game. God Bless America, indeed :)
*You aren't sure if it's okay to drink the water from the tap. and have constant battles in your mind about it.
*Eating in restaurants is stressful. (there's so many OPTIONS here!)
*You have to talk yourself OUT of buying things at the grocery store because you don't really need it. Even though it's something you can't get overseas.
*Your Dad he looks taller even though he probably hasn't grown in 25 years.
*You get emotional when people do nice things for you. (this lady stopped at a GREEN light to let me turn left. and I was practically a blubbering mess)

and number 1.....

*Five words- you CAN flush toilet paper. (can't really do this in Asia, toilets aren't made to handle it haha)

thankful for you, guys. that you read this and keep me accountable :)

No comments:

Post a Comment