Gosh it's been almost 2 years since I’ve written on this blog. I
think I can honestly say it’s been 2 of the most challenging and difficult, yet fun and life-giving of all my years overseas. And growing. Did I mention I'm growing? Not in height, but in heart. My heart is learning to embrace new challenges and is learning to die to old bad habits.
But today, while I had the strangest conversation with a grocery store worker about how shocked she was that cilantro tastes the same here as it does in the States ("And what about bananas? And wait- potatoes too!?!"), I thought: Oh my goodness, I need to write this down. Or for pete's sakes, I just need to write. It's who I am. I am a writer but also a preserver of memories and so I need to find time to do those two things.
So here I am. Back to write, to share, to laugh and to grow. I hope you enjoy it, dear friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment