Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Today I bought a fan.

Well everyone, I'm back in East Asia! I've been back here for about 4 days and it's been nothing but hot! Our city is usually cooler in the summers... so there's really no A/C in any apartments, mine included.  So today my roommate and I decided it was too hot to go any longer without a couple of fans.

We went to a nearby store that sells EVERYTHING you could need in one place and we quickly found fans...on sale, of course, because well it is August!  We found this sweet lady that sold us fans for a reasonable price.  She then offered to put them together for us as well, because she mentioned how it cane be complicated. So because we now have fans put together, they're awkward, so another man who worked with her offered to carry them out for us.  He not only carried them out, but he hailed us a taxi and then loaded them in.

Four days in, my jet-laggy self was never more thankful for such helpful service! The lady even walked out with us, gave me her phone number and told her I could call her if I had problems with the fan or anything else...even if I just need help with something!  In these moments, I am so grateful for the sweet East Asians who take time out of their day to help me, a girl who is definitely out of her element. I want to always remember these moments and be thankful, especially in times where I can be frustrated with things in this culture.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment