Thursday, March 29, 2012

my student

I frequently shop for vegetables, fruit and eggs at this little place that is right near where I live.  I  have to pass this place on my way home everyday so it's really convenient.  I really enjoy the couple that owns the place.  They are so friendly and the husband is always making jokes and smiling. 

Occasionally, the husband asks me about random English words for different fruits and vegetables in his shop.  So far, he can remember banana and apple. 

Three days ago I taught him the word "egg" and he loved it!  As I was leaving I could hear from practicing.. "Eg-guh, Eg-guh, Eg-guh".  :)  It was great!  So two days later I went to buy something and our conversation went like this:

Me: Today is your test.  How do you say word for this? (and I held up an egg)
Him: I forget!
Me: Alright.. It's egg. Remember that and next time I will test you again.

The next day, I saw him and he said:

Him: "What do you need today?" (In his language) and then in English, he said: "EGG??"
Me: "You remembered, that's great! You are a good student!"
Him: "I have a good teacher!"

I love it! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment